Toast the season with our festive drinks!
5 eggs, separated
½ cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 cups whole milk
1 ½ cups heavy cream
2 to 4 tablespoons salted cannabis butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
Kief, for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until they are light. In a steady stream, add the ½ cup sugar. When sugar is dissolved, add the milk, cream, melted cannabis butter and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a separate, clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into cannabis mixture and chill. Garnish with the nutmeg and kief.
750-milliliter bottle Bulleit Rye Whiskey
1/4 ounce ground weed
- Pour the bottle of Bulleit into a sealable jar, or pour a little bit of whiskey from bottle to accommodate weed’s volume. To jar or bottle, add the ground weed.
- Shake bottle and let it sit, out of sunlight, for at least 48 hours. Shake it at least once per day until it has reached desired potency — up to 1 month, if possible. The longer it sits, the more potent it will be.
- Pour whiskey mixture into a glass container, using a cheesecloth to strain all ground weed from whiskey. Repeat this step as necessary, straining and discarding weed from whiskey.
Daydream Holiday Punch
Ice, as needed
1 ½ ounces Susz (recipe follows)
¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
1 ½ ounces Ginger-Cardamom-Cannabis-Honey Syrup (recipe follows)
Candied ginger, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the Susz, lemon juice and syrup; shake well.
- Strain into a glass over a large ice cube. Garnish with the candied ginger.
Susz: In a large jar or other airtight container, combine a 750-milliliter bottle of vodka with ¼ cup each chopped, dried apples, dried pears, dried apricots and dried plums. Allow mixture to infuse for 24 hours, then strain and bottle for use.
Ginger-Cardamom-Cannabis-Honey Syrup: In a blender, combine 14 ounces honey (by weight), 3 ½ tablespoons peeled and chopped, fresh ginger, 10 cardamom pods and ½ cup warm water. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, then strain through a cheesecloth into a jar. Syrup will keep for 2 to 3 weeks.