These Lucid Blue Balls can be made with wild black walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, hickory or butternuts. Any NUT will do! If using salted butter, omit the pinch of salt.
SugarTree’s Lucid Blue Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose or cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups shelled walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt (optional, if using unsalted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 pound *Lucid Blue cannabis butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- Powdered sugar, to coat (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, sugar and salt, if using. Add the vanilla extract and butter pieces; combine everything together with your (clean!) hands until mixture looks like coarse meal with bits of nut in it.
- Form dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on lined cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. When they are still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll cookies in some powdered sugar. Set aside on a rack to cool completely. When cool, dust again in powdered sugar.
Makes about 20 cookies.