Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
HIGH TIME: 2 to 4 hours
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup *Mendo Breath cannabis butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 drops food dye
- Whipping cream, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, mix the shortening, cannabis butter, brown sugar, egg yolk and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla until smooth. Mix in the flour and salt. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip balls into the slightly beaten egg white, then roll in the chopped walnuts.
- Arrange dough on a lined cookie sheet and indent middle of each cookie gently with your thumb. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
While cookies are baking, stir the powdered sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and the food dye with just enough whipping cream to make a smooth icing. Top each thumbprint with icing and store in an airtight container.